Code of conduct
Lampeter-Strasburg Ice Hockey Club
Code of Conduct
Member of the Central Pennsylvania Inter-Scholastic Hockey League
The objective of the Lampeter-Strasburg Hockey Club is to provide qualified hockey players with the opportunity to develop their athletic skills and character within the team concept. It is further understood that it is the expectation that no player will be denied the opportunity to play for Lampeter-Strasburg Hockey Club as long as the criteria described in these Code of Conduct and By Laws are adhered to.
Providing a program where each player can develop his/her skills to the best of his/her ability. The Club seeks to provide a winning attitude in all players, while attempting to teach them the fundamentals of the sport. All players, parents, coaches, club members and other Club officials are to abide by both the spirit and letter of this code of conduct. The Club believes that its objective can be best met when all players and coaches dedicate themselves to creating a winning attitude and successful team. For coaches, dedication means continuing desire to improve themselves as teachers and motivators, while maintaining a high degree of professionalism. For the players, it means learning to grow and mature within the structure of the team.
The amount of ice time that a player receives during any game is entirely within the discretion of the team coaching staff. The coaches are encouraged to use players in situations where, in their opinion, the player is best able to succeed.
The players are the foundation of the Lampeter-Strasburg Hockey Club. Along with the privilege each player has earned with his/her hockey skills, comes the responsibility to maintain a standard of both academic and athletic excellence. In order to ensure the best possible season, players are expected to contribute to the Club both on and off the ice. The following guidelines are intended to form a basis for an enjoyable and successful season for each team:
(1) Comply with LS School District eligibility requirements as they relate to extra curricular activities.
(2) Be on time for all games and practices per coaches requirements.
(3) Help with all team activities during the year. Do not expect coaches, managers, club members and parents to do all the work.
(4) Obey all team , Club, and CPIHL rules and regulations.
(5) Listen when coaches, managers, or other authorities speak. Do not undermine the
authority or respect of the coaches and management.
(6) Treat all teammates, coaches, managers, parents, on-ice and off-ice officials, opponents/opposing coaches and others with respect.
(7) Encourage others on the team. Pick up the team rather than put it down. Think how your actions will affect others before making them.
(8) Do your best at all times and have fun at what you are doing.
All players, coaches, parents, managers, club members, and officials of the Lampeter-Strasburg Ice Hockey Club are expected to follow all rules and regulations concerning the Club Code of Conduct. The following infractions are sufficient cause for disciplinary action by the Team / Club/CPIHL, including possible expulsion from the Team / Club/CPIHL. Item 1-5 player will result in immediate expulsion from the team/club and termination of LSH membership for the remainder of the season.
(1) The use, distribution, or possession of illegal drugs.
(2) The drinking or possession of alcoholic beverages of any kind. Giving alcoholic beverages to
(3) Tobacco Use. i.e. Smoking, chewing, etc.**
(4) The malicious destruction or damage of any property whether or not that property belongs to
(5) The stealing of any property or equipment.
(6) Missing scheduled games and practices without notification to the head coach in advance.
(7) Continued and unexcused absences from practice.
(8) Insubordination towards coaches and management.
(9) The non-payment of any fees by scheduled payment dates.
(10) Swearing or abusive language on the bench or in the rink.
(11) Abusive behavior directed towards officials, opponents or their coaches, parents, and fans.
PARENTS AND CLUB MEMBER OBLIGATIONS
The Club welcomes and expects active participation of Parents and Club Members. Parents, relatives, Club Members and friends are encouraged to attend all games and other activities. In the event that a player is seriously injured or ill and misses more than one week of games or practices, the Club may require a doctor’s note authorizing the player to participate in games or practices. No Parent or Club Member may discuss on-ice game or practice policies or activities directly with a coach. All comments about on-ice activities may only be made to the team managers. The conduct of the Parents and Club Members reflects on the Team and the Club. In this regard, Parents and Club Members are reminded that repeated unacceptable behavior by a Parent or Club Member could result in that Parent’s child or Club Member being dismissed from the team or club without any recourse or refund of fees. Any decision on dismissal shall be made by a majority vote of the Club’s Board of Directors.
The following are some reasons for immediate suspension of player or denial of a Parent or Club Member to activities pending the review by the Club’s Board of Directors. This list is not intended to be a complete list of offenses, but rather serves merely as examples of serious offenses.
(1) Fighting or any physical abuse of a coach, manager, player, club official, or other parent or
(2) Repeated verbal abuse of the above.
(3) Providing any member of the team with alcohol or controlled substance.
(4) Failure to meet financial obligation in full and in a timely manner.
(5) Repeated berating of harassment of players, coaches, management to the detriment of the
Team or Club.
**These two items are reflective of coaches, parents, managers, club members and officials of the Lampeter Strasburg Ice Hockey Club during Lampeter Strasburg Ice Hockey Club events. Applied to all players of the Lampeter Strasburg Ice Hockey Club at all times.
If the financial obligations are not met, the player will not be permitted to participate in any on-ice games or practices until financial obligation and make payments in full regardless of the number of games or practices in which the player participates during the season. No refund of any portion on the financial obligation will be given for any reason, including by way of example, situations where a player quits a team for any reason.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN TEAM/CLUB AND PLAYER/PARENT/CLUB MEMBER
In order to ensure a meaningful year of hockey it is important that parents, players, coaches, club members and club understand and agree with the Conditions of this Policy Statement.
We, the undersigned, have read this Policy Statement and agree to abide by the rules and polices contained herein.
Player's Signature Date________
Parent's Signature Date________
Parent’s Signature Date________
Head Coach Signature Date________
Assistant Coach Signature Date________
Assistant Coach Signature Date________
Club Member’s Signature Date________
REV:, June 04, 2007
REV1: August 23, 2008
REV2: April 9, 2009
Copyright 2013 - Lampeter Strasburg Ice Hockey | Website by FreeTeams.net