LS Hockey By-Laws
By – Laws
Lampeter Strasburg Ice Hockey Club
A. This organization shall be known as Lampeter Strasburg Ice Hockey Club, hereafter referred to as LSH. The Lampeter Strasburg Board of School Directors recognizes this organization as a wholly independent entity. However, they have granted LSH use of the name “Lampeter Strasburg Pioneers”.
II. OFFICIAL YEAR
A. The fiscal operational year of LSH will begin at 12:01A.M. on June 1 and end at midnight of the following May 31.
A. LSH shall be organized for the following purposes:
1. To provide the administration to maintain an ice hockey program for high school and middle school students enrolled in the Lampeter Strasburg School District without regard to sex, religion or ethnic background.
2. To participate in organized team competition under proper guidance to teach the players the principles of good sportsmanship, the fundamentals of ice skating, and the elements of ice hockey.
3 To foster among players, supporters, and team officials the understanding and adherence to high levels of sportsmanship and conduct exemplified by the rules and standards of USA Hockey, CPIHL and LSH.
4. It is further understood that it is the expectation that no player will be denied the opportunity to play for Lampeter Strasburg Hockey Club as long as the criteria described in these By Laws and Code of Conduct are adhered to.
1. Allow membership to alumni, parents of alumni and alumni LS Ice Hockey Club Members for a fee of $30 per year annually members must adhere to and sign code of conduct.
2. Membership is granted to parent(s)/legal guardian(s) of a player upon registration and payment of required fees.
3. Members in good standing shall be entitled to vote on issues presented to the membership. Members shall be entitled to one vote per player. Ex: Two parents receive one vote
4. Membership will be rescinded when member no longer has a player on one of the LSH teams or when a member fails to pay required dues or a member acts in a manner unbecoming to LSH.
5. Any member of LSH must agree to be bound by these bylaws. Each
player, parent and member of LSH must sign the appropriate code of
conduct. If no code of conduct is signed your membership and
therefore your voting privileges are revoked.
6. The Board of Directors reserves the right to require reimbursement
from the player for any fines imposed to LSH as a result of that
player’s inappropriate action that caused LSH to be fined.
1. Fees for players will be required for membership and shall be
determined on an annual basis by the Board of Directors.
2. Annual fees are non-refundable.
V. OFFICERS AND THEIR ELECTION
A. Number of officers:
1. The activities and affairs of LSH shall be governed by and vested in the
Board of Directors.
2. Officers of this organization shall be President, Vice-President,
Secretary, Treasurer, Member At Large #6, Member At Large #7 and
CPIHL League Representative.
1. Any member in good standing is eligible to hold office.
2. Any officer shall abstain from voting matters in which the officer has a
financial interest or personal conflict.
3. The officers shall serve without compensation.
C. Election and Term
1. Officers shall be elected by the attending voting members during the
annual meeting for a term of one year for president, and
Member At Large #7, all other officers will be a two year term being
eligible for re-election.
2. Officers shall serve until their term expires, until they resign, or until
they are removed from office pursuant to Article V D.
1. An officer may be removed from the Board for good cause upon two-
thirds vote of the attending voting members.
1. Upon resignation or removal of an officer, the remaining officers may
appoint, by majority vote, a qualified person to serve the remainder of
the vacant term. The vacant term shall be filled by a vote at the next
regular Board meeting following a vacancy.
VI. DUTIES OF OFFICERS
1. Be the chief executive officer of LSH.
2. Supervise and control all the business and affairs of LSH.
3. Perform all duties incident to the office of President.
4. Preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors including approval of
5. Establish financial accounts with the Treasurer on behalf of LSH.
6. Responsible to ensure all coaching credentials are current and in accordance with CPIHL and LSH requirements.
7. Do all things as authorized by the Board of Directors.
1. In the absence or disability of the President, perform the duties and exercise
the powers of the President.
2. Be responsible for the registration with USA Hockey and CPIHL forms,
such as rosters, etc.
3. Serve as the alternate CPIHL League representative.
4. Responsible to obtain volunteers for positions of team managers.
5. Perform other duties as prescribed by the Board of Directors or the
1. Keep the minutes of the Board of Directors meetings in books provided for
2. Give notice of all regular scheduled or special meetings.
3. Keep a roll of all attending members.
4. Prepare monthly agenda reminders to be distributed to the Board of
Directors and LSH membership 2 weeks prior to scheduled monthly
5. Distribute monthly agenda to the Board of Directors and the LSH
membership one week prior to scheduled monthly meeting.
6. Be responsible for keeping records of all player registration forms for
CPIHL, USA Hockey, bylaws, and all LSH-required coaches, player and
7. Be responsible for distributing and compiling all information regarding
registration of players.
8. Perform other duties as prescribed by the Board of Directors or the
1. Be the financial officer of LSH.
2. Be responsible for and keep account of all LSH funds.
3. Establish financial accounts with the President on behalf of LSH.
4. Distribute funds at the direction of the Board.
5. Establish a fee schedule and distribute in May at the annual membership meeting for the upcoming season.
6. Render to the President at the regular meeting of the Board of Directors and
at the annual LSH meeting an accounting of all transactions and of the
financial condition of LSH.
7. Sign all checks drawn on the LSH account.
8. Be responsible for making sure that game gate receipts are deposited
and paperwork and check sent to CPIHL in a timely manor.
9. Responsible for timely payment to CPIHL for LSH league fees.
10. Perform other duties as prescribed by the Board of Directors or the
E. CPIHL League Representative
1. Perform the duties of CPIHL League Representative, including:
a. Serve as liaison between LSH and CPIHL.
b. Serve as liaison between coaches of all League teams
c. Attend all CPIHL scheduled meetings.
d. Shall notify the Vice President in advance if unable to attend CPIHL
meeting so the Vice President can make arrangements to be there.
e. Shall have authority to represent LSH and vote on their behalf at all
f. Provide the Board of Directors detailed report of activities regarding the
CPIHL operations as they pertain to LSH.
g. Be responsible for ordering, distributing and tracking of season tickets.
F. Members At Large #6 & #7
1. Voting Members of the Board of Directors
2. Duties to include:
· merchandise sales
· team jersey/sock orders
· chair fundraising committee
· website management and maintenance
· public relations- media advertising, etc.
3. Perform other duties and or activities described by the President or the
Board of Directors.
VII. POWER OF OFFICERS
A. The Board of Directors may:
1. Appoint members to the Board of Directors.
2. Receive donations, gifts and devices on behalf of LSH.
3. Establish standing and ad hoc committees.
4. Review and take appropriate action on financial hardship cases.
5. Amend these bylaws.
6. Appoint the coaching staff for each season.
7. Do any and all things necessary and proper to conduct the business of
8. Handle any and all disputes.
A. Regular Meetings
1. The Board of Directors shall meet monthly at a place and time determined by The Board of Directors and shall be made public to the membership. Any member is welcome to attend these meetings.
B. Special Meetings
1. The President may, at his/her discretion or at the request of a Board Member, call a special meeting of the Board of Directors. Any member is welcome to attend these meetings. There shall be a minimum of 1 week notice required for said meeting.
C. Annual Meeting
1. The Board of Directors shall hold an annual meeting prior to the end of May at a place and time determined by the President for election of officers and to receive annual reports from committees and other such business.
1. A majority of the serving officers shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at any regular, special, or annual meeting of the Board of Directors.
E. Manner of Acting
1. The acts of a majority of the directors at any meeting in which a quorum is
present shall be the acts of the Board of Directors.
1. The Board of Directors may establish standing committees, on an annual basis, and ad hoc committees, on an annual basis, to perform specific duties as deemed necessary and appropriate.
1. The President or simple voting majority of attending LSH members at the annual meeting may appoint chairpersons and members of any committee established by the Board of Directors.
1. The term of office of every standing committee chairperson shall be one year. Standing committee chairpersons may serve consecutive terms.
1. A committee chairperson may be removed from office for good cause upon majority vote of the Board of Directors during a properly held meeting of the Board.
1. Committee members will nominate replacements, other than for
chairperson, and committee shall vote on replacement member.
F. Committee Members
1. Committee members may be assisted by persons who are not members of LSH in carrying out their duties and responsibilities of LSH.
X. COACHING STAFF
A. Head Coaches
1. The Head Coaches shall work in conjunction with the LSH Board of
Directors and shall have the overall responsibility for the development of
the players. To that end, it shall be a requirement of LSH that any
individual interested in, and under consideration for, the position, must
meet the certification requirements and for adhering to all rules and bylaws
set forth by USA Hockey, CPIHL and LSH. He/she shall also be
Copyright 2013 - Lampeter Strasburg Ice Hockey | Website by FreeTeams.net
Please Log In to Interact with this Team.