Cricket > Match Stats v Little Kingshill
Jul. 2, 2012
Match Stats: v Little Kingshill (away). 40-over match, July 1
Little Kingshill 118 for 9 off 40 overs (W. Young 3-17, G. Connolly 2-12), Little Missenden Misfits 113 off 30.3 overs (P. Partridge 50 not out, D. Tossell 14). Little Kingshill won by 5 runs
- Will Young's bowling figures of 3 for 17 were his best of the season and the club's third best
- George Connolly took 2 for 12 in eight overs and now leads the club this season with a 2.46 economy rate
- George Connolly became the second bowler to bowl a golden ball, taking a wicket with his first ball, this season.
- Anthony Gaze and Archie Cousins each took two catches, the first Misfits to hold more than one catch in an innings this season
- Andrew Connolly took his first wicket for the club
- The Misfits had 5 catches, having had only 8 previously all season
- Paul Partridge hit the Misfits' second half-century of the season. It was the 14th of his Misfits career, tying Don Crawford for fourth on the club's all-time list. It was his first fifty since 2009
- Paul Partridge's innings (50 off 64 balls) included the first two sixes hit by a Misfit this season
- Paul Partridge now leads the team in runs (158), batting average (31.6) and strike rate (71.7) this season
- Having scored in the 40s in each of his previous two innings this season, Freddy Owen became the latest Misfit to record a golden duck
- Marius Van Zyl, Freddy Owen, George Connolly and Andrew Connolly bowled 29 overs and took 5 wickets between them but scored 0 runs between them - all four were out for ducks
- The Misfits had their highest partnerships of the season for the 8th wicket (Paul Partridge/Will Young 20), 9th wicket (Paul Partridge/Andrew Connolly 11) and 10th wicket (Paul Partridge/Archie Cousins 16) - having seen the 3rd, 4th and 5th wickets add a combined total of 4 runs.
Little Kingshill 118 runs for 9 wkts off 40 overs.
- Bowling Average (Runs per Wkt) 13.1
- Strike rate (Overs per Wkt) 4.4
- Run Rate (Runs per Over) 2.95
Misfits 113 runs for10 wkts off 30.3 overs.
- Bowling Average (Runs per Wkt) 11.3
- Strike rate (Overs per Wkt) 3.05
- Run Rate (Runs per Over) 3.704